Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Christian's Entry for September 2013

((5 points. Not sure If I've done a current event in awhile. I'm not sure how many there have been, but none of us should have more than 4 of them. No more than four bonus points per person from them. You can do more events, just can't get any points for 'em.))

Christian's Entry for September

It's good to hear from some of you again. The silence on some fronts is more than a little frightening, but I suppose there's nothing for it but to hope. there's enough darkness in the world without inventing my own dark reasons for why people haven't spoken up. With any luck they're just as invented as everything else that's going on.

It's hard to believe that you could have spoken with Luna and lived, Darrel. That's the stuff of legend. If we survive all this, they're going to have to write a book about us. It will be a long book. An interesting book too, probably. Probably not safe for young audiences. But I'll just be happy that there are young audiences for it not to be safe for.

Rick, be careful. The spirits are Darrel's thing, so watch out. Gaia might be your mother, but she's a vindictive creature. She's been very wrongfully used in the last century and not happy about it. More to the point, she's power in a way that none of us can really fathom. Your pride will get you nowhere if you're dead.

As far as my own front is concerned, it seems like the vampires have given up trying to find me. Without sympathetic magic, it's very hard to track somebody down who doesn't want to be found. it doesn't take much Life to look like somebody else, and I've been all sorts of somebody elses over the last month just getting by.

This new government here in the US is interesting. All these self-contained city states claiming to the the united states. A much lower population makes easier feeding, but it's amazing to me they can keep all those farms running. The US was the breadbasket of the world. I wonder what other countries are doing now that we're only barely feeding ourselves.

I guess having so many people killed by outsiders probably helps.

I hear rumors about something in the pacific. Some sort of new island. I don't like the sound of it. Too many old legends in the ocean. Too many hoary things down there.

I've got together with a Cabal here, helping out the locals. I would love to do more, but I just don't know how to contribute right now. The Master's magic keeps me safe, but not much else. I can't use it to cal for aid anymore. If only I knew how to turn it against our enemies. Trample out the grapes of wrath and all that stuff in the song.

If only life was a song.

-Christian

World Event: Strange new island in the pacific interupts one of the few still-functioning shipping lanes between the US and China. Nothing that has ventured within 50 miles of it, air or sea, has been seen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment