Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christian's Entry for December 2012

((4 points, because it was done on time, but couldn’t be sent in time.))

Holy crap does life go on. I haven’t had such an action packed set of entries to look at since this whole thing got started. I’d say I was jealous, but after Lizzie and I in the Underworld, I will be content with a little relaxation for awhile. Not that we have been sitting here doing nothing, mind you. It’s been good to have someone familiar around, after this year away on a crazy vow with crazy rules. Not that it didn’t pay off in the end. I will spare myself for the end, as I usually do in these matters. Will be brief this month. I am about to leave on the most important mission of my life. I have tomorrow to prepare, then it’s off on my own again.

I am glad to hear that you have reconciled to the fact that we cannot negotiate with the Great Outside. As much as I wished the solution were that simple, I agree that we should do whatever it takes and not care if we need to push the outsiders aside to do it. Colonizing the outside seems a bit dangerous, though. I would be content if we could have our own world for ourselves. The universe is a big place. Their power, perhaps. And anything they’ve left behind... but I see no reason to go into the outside. Let me know if you have any success, but remember that our primary goal is the survival of our race and of Earth. Don’t make conquering the enemy more important than our own survival. Because it isn’t. Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord.

Come on Lizzie, I know what’s going on with you, but they don’t! At least I’m not worried about her the way I have been in the past. I know she’s not captured in some lab this time. Trust me, Lizzie’s doing great. Even if she’s a little too nosy for her own good. You promised you wouldn’t tell, Lizzie, so I don’t wanna see no entries about it.

Rick, I wish you well in Europe. If you can unite the ferals, then by all means try! I’ve been trying to unite the Mages for more than a year. We’re actually making some ground there lately, but it looked very discouraging months and months ago when I was under the vow living in a ruined building. Just don’t give up. I don’t know if you will be able to unite the werewolves, but... if you could figure out what creates a feral like you... think of all the nature enthusiasts that would flock to your cause! You could create your own army out of ordinary men and women! The earth would quake at the might of man! And beast. You shouldn’t be jealous of our trip, though... It was fun to be together, but the Underworld sucks big time. I don’t want to ever go back there. We have things so good up here and all those ghosts are just screwed. It’s a bad place. So far from the supernal there wasn’t a high place in sight. Yuck. I can’t bring anyone back from the dead, though. That’s not what I’m doing with Ramira.

This is for you too, Darrell. It is true that the Master can do this, but I don't have his mastery. What I wanted to do is a simpler business. Ramira did not die. She wasn't stabbed or shot or anything like that. She was TAKEN into the void. She was taken out of our universe. I want to prove that our magic is better than theirs by using it to pull her back at the moment she was taken. Because time doesn’t apply on the outside, not the way we understand it, we can pull her back in the moment she left, and it will be like she was never there... complicated quantum mechanics stuff, yadayada… that’s the magic I am looking for. Only the Master could bring back the dead, but I am hoping for his help. The magic of the oracles would be exactly what we need to push back the void. At least my contribution to it. We WILL need more. The world was not made by the oracles. Supernal magic was a part of it but it was not alone. We will need more. And I will not be the one to find it. There are more First Words than mine.

Darrell, good luck. Be safe. I know you’re a hard one to kill though, so I'm not too worried. I won't be able to bring people back from the dead all the time when I'm done, but I hope that I can bring back one. I will prove that it can be done and in so doing I will prove that we are better than they. They think our boundaries and our reality and our law makes us weak, but in reality it makes us strong. The outside is limitless, and so their accomplishments mean nothing. We have meaning. That is why they even bother to kill us. Because they went to take away the one thing they cannot ever understand.

So, I have discovered much of what we mages know to be wrong in this quest of mine in this quest for the Oracles. THEY do exist! But not in the form mages thought. The Oracles were Dragons. This is the name for them, not the race. This is the story I learned from the records I extracted from the Library, which I have spent the bulk of the month in translation. It has been an exhaustive effort, but I /have/ learned. So anyways... The Dragons were ordinary men and women, but they were masters of their craft. Mundane crafts. Mundane sciences, very primitive sciences. But this world is a reflection of the Supernal above us. In their perfect, supernal craftsmanship, these Dragons learned supernal truth. They were the first to awaken, and they led others to awakening in whom they saw the potential. They founded Atlantis, whatever it really was. The scroll does not talk much about what happened after that. But it talks about what they did. The Master of the Carpenter’s Order, the Oracle of the Aether... he made tools of remarkable quality. Somehow... he lived much sooner than I thought possible. All of the Oracles lived at different times... something about their calling brought them back to the... I don’t understand that part. But he made tools for the Greeks, some of the most advanced tools that the world had ever seen. Some of those survive today. I will not give details in case someone is reading this who shouldn’t be. But they exist, and I have done the research, and I know where to find what I am looking for. When I get it, I am going to call the Oracles to help us defend their world.

It can be done, my friends. It will be done. I will be the one to do it. Or I will die trying. Good luck to you all. Darrell... one last word of advice. The Outside cannot be controlled or handled forever. That powered armor suit thing... that thing that was inside it. My advice is to stay away. Whoever in the Union is making those needs to be stopped. It is clearly not human. Unless the shoggoths are working with us... and that’s a fair possibility... the idea of what might really be in that suit is horrifying to me. I wish I had the time to deal with it, but I can’t. Maybe someone else can.

Good luck to you all. Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment