Monday, December 24, 2012

Austin's Entry for December

Merry Christmas, everyone. And happy Chanukah. Have I told you lately that I loved you? Because I really do. Reporting from the beautiful and historic city of Athens. The one in Greece. Spent the better part of a week attending meetings and rallies for the Golden Dawn. I even spoke once or twice. It was a very pleasant surprise to learn just how popular English is as a second language here. Greek isn't one of the languages I've been trying to learn, so I doubt we could have gotten much done here otherwise. Mikalhikos, the party secretary, doesn't speak English, so we needed a translator for him, but that was almost one on one so it wasn't a big issue.

Our reputation proceeds us wherever I go, and mine in particular as an agitator and troublemaker. I wasn't prepared to make speeches, but talking impromptu isn't nearly as difficult as I'd imagined. I think it helps when most of your audience only speaks English as a second language, believe it or not. But practice makes perfect, and I got some practice. I can feel satisfied. For once my own aplomb is getting me what I need. Intellectually the Dawn is soundly and soberly Fascist. It really brings me back to study their doctrine. It warms my heart, and makes me feel very nostalgic.

The laymembers meanwhile are anything but intellectuals. The world calls them Nazis and thugs, and now that I've met them I have to agree. They're vulgar. I know I've been known to swear a lot when I lose my temper, but for these people it's part of the language. This goes beyond healthy fanaticism. They're pathological. They're rude, they're cruel, they're impatient, they're NASTY. Antisemitism and hatred of the Turks is rife even at the very top. And yet these are the gentlemen closest to the truth. It really reflects poorly on this period that the Golden Dawn is Europe's only hope. And they are. They really are.

Is this humanity? I am forced to conclude as I have before that only individuals really matter. You, me, our friends, the people we care about. Race and culture almost don't enter into it. Wherever you go the decent, kindly folk will be difficult to find. But that's our job. No more sentimentality. Just as we talk about the quality of the fish, or the quality of the wheat, or the quality of cow, we shall say "That is a person of low quality" and be done with them. If the bulk of life on this sphere is to perish, we must preserve the natural aristocracy.

Anyway Mikalhikos has lent us two old airplanes and a tiny little ship. He won't like where we're planning to take them. How much do you gentlemen know about Abdul Al-Hazrid? The Mad Arab. In his day the middle-east was the cultural center of the world, famous for its mathematicians and astronomers. It was also, as I've come to understand, the center of esoteric learning. The occulory beneath Arhkam university is actually the imitation of a much grander complex underneath Jerusalem. The Israeli government currently has exclusive access to that site, but there are others, lost or hidden. As it turns out Al-Hazrid may have done his best work on the necronomicon while he had access to one these ancient ominoculory sites.

I don't know the details, but the magnification on some of those old scopes has got to be thousands of times what we're used to. I'm confident some of them are still around, and now the Miskatonic is basically a lost cause I don't know what else to do besides track them down. We're hoping the civil war in Syria will offer us good cover for moving around. Might be able to work something out with the rebels if we're lucky.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment