Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lizzie's Entry for January 2012

((Sorry for preempting you Ricky, but I wanted to include this post in my letter to Kris today.

1exp on time + 1exp subplot +1exp referencing others +1exp goal progress = 4exp))

Hey guys, good to see this is working out. Nice to be able to keep in touch, even if I don’t completely understand how this works. I suppose I should tell you what I’ve been up to, though. It might be important.

Well, first of all, the Dim Suns aren’t nearly as strict as any of those mage orders, and I’m quite happy for that. I don’t know how long I’d be able to last just doing chores and meditation all the time. Don’t you get any time to relax, Christian? Any freedom? I suppose not now with that oath you took. Living as a street urchin doesn’t sound that relaxing at all. Now if it were a sea urchin maybe… but I digress. 

The Free Council doesn’t sound much better, but I’m not sure what your role in it exactly is, Austin. Good luck with your studies, though. I dunno if you remember, but time magic was something that really interested me when we first started our group. Well, magic and technology, but we weren’t exactly out there looking for mad scientists. Although, these days… I’ve heard some interesting rumors among the Krewe about people who are able to give life to dead flesh. It’s only rumors, though. With everything that’s come into the light recently, I’m sure someone in the Union would’ve noticed if there was a modern-day Frankenstein running around.

I still haven’t gotten around to actually telling you what I’ve been doing recently, have I. Well, I still haven’t gone through with the ceremony to join the Dim Suns for real, despite how much they keep bugging me to do so. Stupid legends about us. I don’t want all this attention. I suppose there’s nothing for it, though. I get away when I can, but they seem to be keeping an eye on me more often. I’m not sure if they’re worried about something happening to me, or if they want to be there when I do something.

One thing you guys might be interested in… I visited the caves the other day where we originally encountered the cultists. The place where Ramira… Anyways, there wasn’t much there anymore, but we did find traces of it being a low place. You know, like in the sub-basement of our headquarters, where the world is closest to the Underworld and you can often find or make an Avernian Gate. Anyways, there were definite signs that a Gate was there, but we couldn’t open it. Jade thinks maybe we need to actually have the key, despite the fact Sin-Eaters can open Gates without the key. All the same, I’m taking this as a good sign. It means Rami might’ve gotten pulled into the Underworld, and not some alien plane of existence after all. We just need to figure out how to actually open the Gate.

I’m not sure where to start looking, so I’m just going to get away for awhile. Maybe try to escape my Dim Suns bodyguards. I’ll head to Japan and investigate that flood. If anything, I’ll be able to help with the victims, and any members of the Krewe out there will probably be too busy doing the same to notice me. I hope you don’t mind, Ricky. I know things have been a bit tense between us recently, so… maybe some time apart will help us both cool off. Hades knows I need a change of scenery anyways.

I’ll be sure to keep in touch no matter where I end up, and I know everyone else will do the same. I doubt I’ll really be gone that long anyways, but still. Until next time everyone!

-Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment