Thursday, August 1, 2013

Christian's Entry for August 2013

Christian's Entry for August

((Four points! Unlike last month. >.> ))

Thank God this thing still works. I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to be out in the real world again. To still be /alive/ for that matter. I'll keep this quick. I know I tend to talk a lot, but I won't do that this time. No time. Even without a head a snake can still be a dangerous thing.

So without going into too much detail, negotiations didn't go well, and we couldn't hold the city. Their terms were pretty stupid. Me and the other leaders surrender ourselves for trial and everyone else can go free. It's hard for me to understand boldness like that. As though defending ourselves from unprovoked attack qualifies as treason. Whatever. There's a problem relying entirely on troops from the Dreamlands for your army. If your enemy realizes that is what you're doing, they have a tendency to take advantage of it. I always knew we weren't the only people with magic in the world, but I never could've imagined they would find a way to reverse the spell I used to return to the physical world. The result of the collapsed Wending instantly banished all of our extra-dimensional support. No longer did we have an army. Our heavy artillery was gone, along with our foot-soldiers. All we had left were the human mages and a handful of human allies.

Not off to a good start. Rather than attempting to fight hopeless odds, we ran like a bunch of cowards. It's very difficult to contain a whole bunch of mages who don't want to be somewhere, so we scattered to the winds more or less the instant they pulled the trigger on whatever spell they used. The best part of this whole thing is that most of the mages got away. Very few of our number were actually captured. Ramira and I got separated. No idea what happened to her. I think she ended up with one of the groups that was fleeing through the Hedge into Moscow, but I can't say for sure.

I wasn't so lucky. Every countermeasure I've used to protect my identity has failed, because our attackers knew who I was. They knew what group I was traveling with, and they ambushed us in the Shadow. I don't mean the US Army. I mean the Vampires, the ones that spurred the attack from the beginning.

Several allies dead. I'm captured, taken back to a headquarters of some kind. Vampires can be surprisingly cordial. This is why I wasn't able to update all of you about anything.

But I'm out now. Maybe I'll talk more about it later. For now that's all that's important. I can't seem to get to the dreamlands anymore. I think whatever spell we were hit with that returned our allies also shorted out everyone else's ability to go there. I'm not sure if the damage is permanent, but it means that in the meantime I won't be getting an army that way again.

So that's it. No more diamond nation, no more dreamlands. The end is near. I'm starting to like the sound of Austin's flight from the universe more and more. I can't help but feel our cause is more and more hopeless every day. If the Elder Things couldn't even handle a few shoggoths, what hope do any of us have?

-Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment