Sunday, June 23, 2013

Darrerl's June 2013 Entry


(Barely just missed this one, but I got it. 4 exp. and yes, I know it was rather vague)

War is never pretty, nor is it organized. Atleast, that's how it is from our perspective. Us people do not possess the raw and incomprehensible intellects or thought patterns that govern the way spirits act and think. And likely it is for the best. Spirits never were human, they are parts of our world as much as our world is a part of them. Many were not based on living beings to begin with. And so unlike ghosts or phantoms, they see the world in very abstract terms. To them, the Civil War is nothing but another event that follows the patterns governed in the stars.

Though it pains me to mention this, I think this war has caused more harm than good. Right now, only half of the contenders who were selected are still remaining. This progress is not fast enough someone must do something that is without equal to prove in one fell swoop that I am the greatest among our kind.

That is why I am returning to Europe, to the Old World. In a month's time, you'll know of my deed when it is done. Just promise me you won't try to freak out about it. It's dangerous… probably not as dangerous as everything else I have done, but it is without question something that I could likely die from if I am not prepared. If I am to survive, my mind and their body have to be at their peak.

Earthvoice will have to wait for some other time Chris. I wish I could help, really I do, but I am busy. I don't know where she exactly fits into the whole cosmology of the Spirit Courts, but I know she is more powerful than any of us can hope to overcome. Getting power from spirits of her might is not easy and will cost dearly, but if we're going to survive this war, we'll need all the strong bodies we can get.

Rick, you're not exactly the sanest person yourself. I might be crazy, I might be mad, but I know what I do is necessary. And I'm happy for you. You're probably the only one like me, who knows that your other forms are not just disguises not just different shapes, but are an intrinsic part of our very beings. I wish you luck on fatherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment