Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lizzie's Entry for April 2013

((3 points: Late, but I talked about all the peoples, and advanced my plot, and got closer to killing the bad guys.))

Hey everyone!

I'm here in the Underworld, a place the locals call Dead Man's Hand. I know you might wonder why I sound so cheerful, Chris. You're the only one who really knows how bad it can get down here, and it's certainly no Dreamworld like you've been hanging out in. But it's just so nice to be away from that stupid office and actually doing things.

Anyways, this isn't that bad a place as far as dead domains are concerned. It's like... wild-west themed, and the people running the place used to be Sin-Eaters (though they think they still are). Anyways, that's not really what's important. The reason I'm down here is because we think we've finally gotten a lead of where to find the dominion that the old ones end up in between dying and pulling themselves out of our universe.

See, there's a ghost or something down here we're trying to negotiate with. No one's quite sure where he came from, but he's been here longer than anyone who lives here remembers. The locals call him El Diablo, and I have to admit the resemblance is uncanny, though it's just a mask. It hasn't been easy getting him to cooperate, especially since he and the "Sin-Eaters" here don't exactly get along. But... he's definitely hinted that he knows something. It's just a matter of convincing him it's in his best interest to help us. He's hinted some at the fact he could use something from us, but seems unwilling to say so. Turns out negotiating with the devil isn't entirely straightforward. But I have a couple of my best people on it, and I feel confident.

Now, Ricky, you hush, alright? I didn't go making fun of you when you started dating Amelia. And Chris and I aren't really dating... yet... We just spent a lot of time together in the Underworld, and in his apartment.  It was fun, though. Especially when we just spent the whole day after getting back from the Underworld staying in bed... I bet we'll sleep in even longer when this is all finally over, eh Chris?

Wait, fuck, I actually read these letters. Ricky, are you serious? A child, now? I mean, congrats and all, but... Shouldn't you have been using protection or something? I mean... You've only known each other for... almost a year...? That's less than you knew me! Not that... I wanted to get pregnant before even getting married, but... Nevermind. I'll just stick with congrats.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're talking about, Austin. Weren't we all chosen for this? By... some group or another. I still don't understand the details beyond the legends my Krewe has shared about me. Being their speaker and such. There's implications that it's true of other races, as well, but... we're hardly a representative sample of the whole world. Perhaps there were others we could've met up with but fate didn't quite get there? I can't say understand that stuff as much as I like, but you've been studying that sort of magic more recently, haven't you, Austin? Surely you have some idea of what your place is.

And Darrel, sounds like you've got your hands full in much the same way I do, though we don't have anyone directly opposing us at the moment, so perhaps I'm a little better off for it. I wish you luck, though. You're a pretty good tactician from what I remember of the games we used to play, so I have no doubt you'll do well. Good luck all the same, though!

Well, seems it's time for me to go. The folks here have made us up some food. Where they got the supplies I have no idea, but it isn't half-bad for nearly-spoiled beans and undercooked "meat". Either way, I'll hopefully have more progress to share next time I get in touch with you all. Until then, take care!


-Lizzie T. O'Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment