Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lizzie's Entry for March 2013

((3 points, I think? It's super late, but other than that...))

So, hello everyone. Bet you're all wondering what I've been up to. Well, those of you with strong connections in the Union might've heard about the unexpected death of the leader of my Krewe, the Dim Suns. Well, guess who has the "honor" of replacing him? No, all of your reasonable guesses are wrong. It was me. I mean WHAT THE FUCK? Okay, sorry, that was uncalled for. It's just been so fucking crazy since this happened to me. Everyone seems to be accepting of me, probably because they believe I'm the chosen voice of the dead. Which... I guess I know is true now.

Anyways, I guess I should explain what I've been having the krewe doing since I came into power. Besides freaking out and just trying to organize the day-to-day operations, I've been making an effort to get a more united front together. For the most part, the members of the Dim Sun have been operating the same as they always have, just with an insanely increased work load. Very few of us have been making any effort to deal with the outsiders directly, just dealing with the victims.

I've changed that. It's been shown to me that we need to make a united effort in discovering ways to take down the Old Gods. Yes, the ghosts are important, but right now we need to prevent more deaths instead of just cleaning up afterward. Which is why I've been directing missions into the Underworld all over the world. See, I'm fairly certain that even the Outsiders can die, at least in our world, and that means there must be a section of the Underworld they go to. If we can find that place, we can figure out how to make that death permanent.

I won't begin to say that I understand how they function, but from what I can figure, even if they're killed, all that's really killed is the part that's manifested in our world. That part ends up somewhere in the Underworld. Since that's still technically a part of our universe from their perspective, though, they can just pull themselves out and re-enter wherever they want on the surface. So, what I'm trying to find is a way to trap them down their, so they can't just come back.

But... looking at some of the stuff you guys are talking about... The war in the mid-east, Darrel's crusade... All that death is not going to make the underworld all that pleasant a place to travel through. I hope you guys can work to prevent some of that strife.

And Chris... I'm sorry I'm not keeping in better touch. You know what it's like to be a leader with so much expectation on your shoulders. But then... you still wrote to us, didn't you. Well, I will attempt to keep up with you now that I know what sort of situation you're in. And Rami, you better survive, too! I haven't even gotten to see you since you were brought back to life in the first place. Speaking of which, if Chris gets too... mad scientist on you at any point, I give you permission to punch him. With all his scars, a couple bruises won't make him any less attractive. So... Be good, Chris! And live, or I'll find your ghost and punch you myself.

I should get back to work, though. I've been putting off the paperwork half of my job. Bleh. Next chance I get, I'm going to lead a party down to the Underworld myself just to get away from this responsibility. Until then, be safe everyone! And remember what I said about minimizing strife!


-Lizzie T. O'Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment