Monday, March 18, 2013

Christian's Entry for March 2013


((4xp. On time, plot advancement, others, and subplot. ))

Running for your life has never been more exciting!

Actually it sucks, but I wanted to sound positive for a second. Yes, Ramira and I are still on the run. We are both still alive and well though, and we have learned something interesting. Well more than one somethings. Plenty of somethings. I don't know where to start. I suppose I should start by talking about what's happening with everybody, though as usual Lizzie has me worried about her with her lack of writing. She's been alright every other this has happened, but I never know when one of these times may be the last. Darrel, I'm sorry I can't get you the equipment you need. Right now I'm busy running for my life out here, and I don't have the political clout that I had before. What little influence I have is invested in keeping myself and Ramira alive.

Austin, you're right that what I did shouldn't be possible. Ramira should not be alive, and the fact she is means something serious. There is serious risk involved in traveling with her. Her very existence causes any spell targeted on her to unravel in paradox, no matter how patient you are with the casting. As such cannot scrutinize her to search for a soul, or to examine the state of her mind. I must take it on faith and read her reactions from our conversation. Animals do not have any problem with her, though. All the evidence is in her favor. She can even /use/ enchanted objects, though my staff refuses to work for anyone but me anymore. What frightens me most is that with mage sight I see right through her. Ramira and me both are a little afraid for what that might mean. As far as Ramira goes, we have a plan to see if she has a soul. As any mage knows, the soul is a literal realm that may be traveled into with proper meditation in a hallow. We intend to try such travel into Ramira‘s soul, and to see if anything is there, or what. Unfortunately, we've yet to have enough free time in a hallow for such things. When we find them, it‘s a rush for me to draw all the manna I can and then to get away as fast as possible.

Rick, I applaud your efforts in unifying the people as you have. Our plans were not all that different. I hope that yours works better than mine. I think it will, since animals are much less political and evil than humans. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? We're in the face of extinction as a race, whole cities have been wiped off the map. Prices are insane thanks to the constantly interrupted supply and the cost of transporting goods. People are trying to mutate the entire human race into lizards. That seems like a great time to expend great resources to kill someone whose actions have clearly been in the best interests of the race. I hate the mysterium! AGghghgh!

But I have taken comfort in one thing. The solution to affairs on a global level will not require global cooperation. Getting people mobilized will make it easier and will make it possible for more people to survive until we figure it out, but... ultimately the solution will be the same as it was with the Deep Ones. It will be us. So stay alive everybody. Learn the first words. Survive.

Ramira and I have found an Iris, which is kinda like a portal only better. I’ve been trying to figure out the trigger to get it to open, and I've just about worked it out. From what the mages here told me, it leads to an Emanation realm on the far side of the Abyss. If there even is an Abyss. We should be safe there. Time to heal up and regroup, until I can figure out a plan for dealing with the fact they want to kill me. Wish us luck!

—Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment