Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lizzie's Entry for July 2012

((4 points. On time barely, side plot, mission advancement, talked about the peeps. I'm totally down with the RP town. Woot woot!))

So... Hi everyone... Seems I'm back in the world of the living. (How's that pun for you, Rick-Rick). How're things going? Good? Great? I've been good. Just fine. Sorry people have been worrying about me. You really don't need to, though. It's not like I've been alone, and I'm not just talking about myself. See... since we last spoke, I've officially become a member of the Dim Suns! I could say that's why I've been too busy to get in touch, but to be perfectly honest, I've had plenty of down time. I'm not gonna get into detail about what I've been doing, though. That's private, thanks. I will say that there's nothing like a good wake to forget about the shit going on outside.

Enough about my personal life, though. I'm sure you're all eager to find out what I've learned. Well, first of all, I made sure to get out of the country proper when things started going bad, so again, no need to fuss over me. Do people actually say "fuss" anymore? Sounds kind of stupid now that I've said it. Anyways, we're not too far from Japan, and most of the krewe's still there, doing what they can to keep the peace. But... I'm actually out on a research ship with a few members. You might remember Jade from back when we went to Antartica. She's more-or-less the leader of our mission, even though it was technically assigned to me. Leading isn't really my thing, though, and the only reason they gave it to me is because I was apparently named successor to one of the founders. I... might've told you that before, can't quite remember. Anyways, we've got a few people with us who are experts at ocean-seismic-whatsits. Not sure if it's just the paranormal kind or not. But... we also brought along a new recruit with us. She's not /technically/ a sin-eater, but she's able to communicate with the dead like one. Figured with people like Chiron out there, she was better off with us than wondering Japan on her own. She's pretty cute, but this whole thing has had her on edge lately. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to bring her along, but she volunteered and, well... It's not like things are that great back on land.

Oh, I guess I still haven't said what we're actually doing in a boat miles from Japan. See, we have some idea of what caused the tsunami. Apparently a huge rift opened up on the ocean floor. It's literally deeper than our equipment can scan. There's an Avernian gate in an old sunken ship a few miles away that we've dived to. We think this rift might go into the Underworld, because there's flooding on the other side where there clearly shouldn't be. It's the first time I've seen anything have a direct effect down there. There's a chance that it might extend deeper still. I don't know what's deeper than the Underworld, but I sure as hell hope nothing lives there. I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Now, regarding what you guys have been up to... God damn there's a lot to catch up on. I suppose it's good to know everyone's still alive, even if just barely. I really hope you finish that vow of yours soon, Christian. I'd be happy to take you to the Underworld if that would get you back safely. Which isn't to say I wouldn't do the same for the rest of you guys, but as far as I can tell, no one else is living on the streets. Wanna live on my boat, Christian? Bet it's a lot better than the one you were riding on. Well, okay, I might be a little biased, but... some of that mage stuff just sounds so superfluous sometimes. Ah well, call me when you're free and we can arrange something. I still owe Rick a visit, too. I need to see this foxy fox who's apparently so attractive he couldn't even save her for you.

As for Darrel and Austin, well... I can't say I ever really understood you two, but I'm sure Ricky and Christian can explain the shit you've got going on to me in a way my zombie brain can understand. Speaking of which... has anyone checked on Meghan? I mean, I more than anyone can probably understand the need to keep to yourself, but... she was never this distant before she got taken to Arcadia. Maybe it changed her more than I thought...

Well, running out of time for this. I need to go help hoist the mast or something. I'll try to keep in touch better. Inform you of my many harrowing adventures on the high seas. Arrr!

-Lizzie T. O'Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment