Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Austin's Entry for the month of July

Kissy-poo, what I want to know is why your wise and powerful benefactors couldn't handle all of this themselves, and why you think we can if they can't. Chris could you get in contact with them on our behalf? Can you have them send someone to us? We don't have 'Archmasters' down here. We don't have anyone, just books. Too many books. Couldn't read them all even if they were legible, which they aren't. A lot of them are technical manuals. TECHNICAL MANUALS! Because apparently I still need to eat and breath, avoid swallowing poison and stepping out of twelve story windows... and the like.

But anyway, don't think I've got nothing to talk about. We found someone, if it's proper of to call him that. He wandered up out of the big aquifer in the catacombs. He's from Innsmouth. You can tell, he's got that sickly, bloated look and the large skeleton; the skull is shaped almost like a potato. I thought they were all dead from the tsunami, but I guess that was really naive of me. We don't know how he got down there, though probably there are a lot of tunnels we don't know about. He's... sick, maybe a bit more waterlogged than usual. He didn't put up much of a fight. Right now we've got him tied to a table downstairs. Tapped a couple electrodes into his shins, but honestly I haven’t been able to think of very many questions for him. Apart from “what color is my underwear” (genius) the most pertinent information would seem to be what he was doing down there and how he got there. He doesn't deny who he is, but that's all he'll admit to. He doesn't claim ignorance, but he won't talk yet. It was good fun the first night, but now we've got a handful of the meanest sons of bitches I know working on him in relays. One of them's ex-marine and scares the absolute shit out of me. If it doesn't amount to anything maybe the Scientologists will take him off our hands, assuming they ever get back to us.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed Lizzie's silence. You'd think she'd at least be able to sound off every now and then. Getting any information out of Japan right now is frustrating. The only eastasian down here is a Korean guy and he doesn't have many contacts over there to speak of besides family. It'd be really nice to hear something. It's good to know she's probably not dead, though I hope it's at the expense of someone who deserved it. The world is full of terrible people, so I guess the odds aren't that long.

I don't really worry about you guys too much, because I know if you're intent on doing something stupid you'll continue to do it, but it's always nice when you finally chime in. It's even kinda' nice when eighty percent of Ricky's messages are about his dating life, since that's much less dangerous than what he could be doing. It's nice when Christobelle sounds like he just shot up, since that makes it easier to disregard anything he says that I don't understand. I don't like it when says he's in the middle of a war-zone. I... really hope you're not in the middle of a war-zone right now. Where are you? The way you describe it I can't help picture you naked out there, and also a mildly chubby blonde girl in here late teens, because my gut tells me that's what they turned you into. Gut tells me you've got your life magic back, too.

By the way I should have mentioned, I've got a cat down here. A regular, ordinary, Swedish housecat. Calling him Bismarck. He's about eleven months old now. If you're intending to pay me a visit (and please, please do), remember the cat has free reign, and you do not. Your reign will cost about seven fifty. Fifteen for Lizzie since she's eating for two. I zhoke, I zhoke. I'm really counting on you all to keep me informed. I don't know how long I can pretend to these people that I know what I'm doing. Bless June's heart, if she's got one.

((4 points. Your ideas are all brilliant, FD. I like them so much, that even if nobody else does and you change your mind, I'm going to use them anyway and just you try and stop me. Godspeed, and do pray for me and all of us.))



No comments:

Post a Comment