Saturday, June 2, 2012

Christian's Entry for June 2012

((4pts. In the future, KA, please give me my own post for the month too, as it makes making a reply possible for me. In line with this, please email me my May post ASAP for my records. Thanks!))

I slept and dreamed life was joy. I awoke and saw life was duty. I acted and beheld duty was joy.

This month has gone fantastically well for me! I can’t even describe how awesome it has been compared to last month. Of course, I have never seen such concerning messages from all of you as the ones I got, but... since I am powerless to help you with anything other than these words, I won’t stress out over it unduly. There’s enough stress in my life as is without taking other’s burdens on myself. I will attempt to provide any help or assistance that I can in the way of knowledge. Of course, I can’t say I know much, but what I know, I know. So before I talk about the rest of you guys, I gotta get this out of my system while I’m somewhere safe!

So as you guys will remember, I have taken the “Vow of the Stranger”, which means I have given up who/what I am until I learn exactly what it means to be human. Well, this month I discovered one of my Answers. Like everything with this stuff, it was knowledge that came of experience. So I was walking down an alley, with some food I found in a waterlogged dumpster, and I saw someone. They saw me, and like usual I tried to run. You think that a cop or a relief worker means safety; not so. I learned some hard lessons early on about that. Some... painful lessons. But no need to go into that. Turns out this was a woman: a teenage almost. Younger than Lizzie even. She was revolted, I could see it. But she ignored it and called out to me. I stopped backing up - she talked to me! Talked! And listened even! I wanted to run over and hug her - but that would’ve revolted the girl, so I didn’t. She told me about a shelter for... people... like me. I was so hurt and scared I said yes! Can you believe they too me in! It’s set up in this huge church basement... clean shower, clean clothes and a warm bed. Not just for me - the others like me. Even medical care! I needed stitches in a couple places, and some antibiotics... and they helped me! In that instant, I learned what hope is. They gave it to me. It really is wonderful stuff. Hope conquers all, that’s what they say. Maybe I really will get through this. Maybe I’ll actually meet one of the Oracles. From her I will learn what great mysteries remain unlearned. From her we can learn how to fix this messed-up world we live in!

Austin. I think I can tell what you’re... no, I have no clue. I admit it. But you need to not give up your identity! Whatever is happening to you... don’t give in! Don’t give up! Stop looking into Arcadia, please! That’s even worse than the Necronomicon! Arcadia is senseless madness! My closest guess is that exposure is maddening you. Please stop, please! Ricky, you have a valid point. The cause of the Abyssal manifestation into our world - if corrected, would be ideal. I could tell you what mages /believe/, but I suspect that none of their stories are exactly true. It all starts with Atlantis.

I don’t know what Atlantis really was, but in the stories it was a high city made and ruled by magic. My kind, not yours. One day some of those people got greedy. They didn’t just want earthly power. They wanted to /make/ the rules of the universe. They wanted to be gods. So they built a ladder and went to Heaven and cast the Old Gods down. The good kings and queens of Atlantis followed behind. They fought an awful war in Heaven, and the falling of the tower sunk Atlantis into the sea and ripped the Abyss open in reality. I don’t know if that’s where Cthulhu got in, but I do know that him and his kind affect people the same as stuff from the Abyss does. So even if that isn’t where he’s from, he /is/ clearly a similar type of... substance, even if we can’t be sure of the specifics.

Darrel, good luck. I do not really understand that part of the world. I do have one request, though. However you choose to search for information, /please/ do not look for Gaia. That was the one name I did recognize. Gaia is a spirit mages sometimes look for. Archmasters. The kind of mage that most people think don’t even exist. The Imperial Masters even fear Gaia. None of /them/ who went to meet her has ever come back. Please, please do not try. THere are many spirits, but that isn’t one you want to talk to. I trust your judgement, but... something to reiterate.

Sorry I didn’t hear from Lizzie this month. I hope she’s still doing okay, I really do. We worry about you.

So that’s me. Last month I learned hope existed. This month, I am experiencing it for myself. I do not expect to stay in this shelter  for long: just to heal, then it’s back out into the world to learn s’more. I wonder what I will learn next. I shiver to think of how I will learn it.

-Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment